[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre2 compiling error (fbdev?)

Renaud Desarzens rde_lists at desarzens.ch
Tue Nov 11 09:01:12 CET 2003

Hi all

I'm new to this list and also to linux. I hope someone is able to
help me to get around this. I tried already to ask it last week
but with no luck. Please apologize if it's the wrong list or I'm
asking something stupid, but I'm really stuck with it. So here
goes my second try...

When trying to configure and compile MPlayer-1.0pre2, then I get
the error shown in attached Textfile "makeSnippet.txt".

I believe I've read all the docs that might help, googled around
and searched the mailing list archives to find something useful
about this one... The only thing I've found was to configure
mplayer using the --disable-fbdev option. With this configure
option set, it compiles fine... but I need fbdev being enabled.

Furthermore, when trying to play an original DVD Video using

mplayer -ao alsa9 -vo xv dvd://1

from within KDE. MPlayer starts but without playing the film and
with no sound. It seems to freeze but I can CTRL-C. On my shell
I see the output like shown in attachment "playingDVD.txt".

I'm running:

- Debian Mini Woody with selfcompiled Kernel 2.4.22
- Athlon XP 2600 nforce2 mobo
- Onboard LAN & sound (yes, working!)
- Chaintech GF4 MX440 AGP 8x

I also already tried to compile with GCC 2.95.4 and (after having
installed it) with GCC 3.3.2, no changes... same errors.

Thanks for helping me to get around this.

Renaud