[MPlayer-users] mplayer & audigy & DVD & SPDIF

Mario Medina Nussbaum mario at mariomedina.net
Tue Nov 11 10:56:46 CET 2003

Hi! i have a problem playing a DVD.

I want to play the movie and put the audio 5.1 on a digital decoder, using a
soundblaster audigy platinum and the digital output RCA Spdif.

I tryed opensource.creativelabs.com driver, emu10k1, also tryied alsa 9.6

On the first with emu-config i was able to send some data (frequency, with -f
44 or -f 96), but nothing more.

With alsa i can't see if it sends something.

When i try to play the movie i did this:

mplayer -channels 6 dvd://1

and

mplayer -ac hwac3 -ao alsa9 dvd://1

In the first case i get a message saying that i have the output OK, but the
digital signal isn't there, i only get stereo channels, not 5.1...

In the second case i got an error saying that surround51 have problems.

I have Mandrake 9.2, kernel 2.4.22, emu10k1 from CVS and alsa 9.6

Do you know what i'm missing?

Thank you!

--
ICQ: 2608271