[MPlayer-users] mencoding from v4l device

Marcelo Zabani mzabani at hotpop.com
Tue Nov 11 14:54:14 CET 2003

Hi everyone... I'm a newbie, and I have some doubts... please help me :P

Mplayer: 1.0pre2
Kernel: 2.4.22
Modules: bttv (PixelView Prolink PlayTV pro)

What is the problem:
I mencode from v4l perfectly, but sound input comes from my
microphone... So it get a horrible bitrate from audio... besides the
noise in the background... I want to know if there's some way to encode
audio directly from the v4l device... since audio and video come from
the same cable.

Also: when playing... I want mplayer to "route" the audio to /dev/dsp so
I can listen to music while I watch TV... or else I have to put the
cable in the Audio OUT of my TV Card... I tried with -ao oss:/dev/dsp
and adevice=/dev/dsp in the -tv option... none worked.

Sorry for the bad english, I'm just a 15 years old guy from Brazil.