[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS Jerky playback of some avi files

Conlef Ruine conlef at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:50:07 CET 2003

Hi all.

This is just in case someone runs into the same problem.

Having realized that this was a sound problem I decided to install a newer
version of ALSA
which I think slightly improved things (without the autosync option).

Then I decided to play with the other audio options including
-ao alsa9

and that results in smooth playback without the need for the autosync
option!

I don't know which audio driver is used by default but I assume it's  oss,
so the problem
is probably the ALSA oss emulation.

Anyway, I've added this option to my config and I'm happy.

Thanks

Conleth