[MPlayer-users] Create an AVI with DD5.1 out of a DVD ?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Nov 13 21:36:04 CET 2003

Tilo Renkl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am new to this list, since I had only read the mplayer-dvb list for about
> 1.5 years.
>
> Now that I have a DD-receiver I wanted to create an AVI out of several
> DVD's,
> but not with mp3 sound, but with a simple streamcopy of my pefered language
> in DD 5.1 (AC3).
>
> Is there any way (maybe a script) to do that ??
>
> mencoder dvd://X -o name.avi -oac copy .... does not work :-((
>
> Tilo

Yes it does. :)

...unless I'm overlooking something. -oac copy should work just fine,
and it does for me when I want to do exactly what you describe.

Without the text output of mencoder, though, we can only guess as to
what's going wrong. Please post the _full_ output of mencoder.

As far as guessing goes, make sure the correct audio id is being
selected. Occasionally there will be both 5.1 and 2.0 AC3 streams, and
the 5.1 isn't always selected. If that's the case, use -aid 128, -aid
129, etc.

-Corey