[MPlayer-users] show interlaced/progressive info..

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 14 11:39:05 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:

>I meant: would you care to show me some code that determines reliably
>whether video is interlaced or not? I tried many many times when
>working on inverse telecine, and failed every time....and that was

Ok, got it. So it is difficult (I thought it wouldn't be).

>> Hmm... and when will mplayer be able to read Broadcast2000 *.htal files,
>> that would save 120 GB of my disk space?-)
>What are .htal files? Maybe someone could add support, but most

HTML-style files that don't contain actual data, just point to original
.mov files. I guess you would call them "edit decision lists".

Anyway, I think it would compilicate too much mplayer to add support
for that, instead it might be better idea to modify bcast2000 so that
it can generate AVI, fork and exec mencoder, and pipe the generated AVI to
mencoder on the fly. That would add "save as" support to every sane format.

>MPlayer developers aren't too interested in stuff by the author of
>bc2k since he has a reputation for making buggy programs that generate

Well if there is one developer (?) making complete--two complete--video
editing systems of studio quality (well certainly better than any other
free software I've seen) I would expect them to be a bit buggy too.
Other people should take the programs and start maintaining them.

>broken, incompatible files...

Hmm?