[MPlayer-users] .vob input and cropdetecting chapters

HR haavroed at online.no
Fri Nov 14 22:12:27 CET 2003

It seems to me that chapter selection (-chapter xx) does not work with
.vob input and -vop cropdetect; it seems to default to chapter 1 or
something - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I need this
because first of all, chapter 1 is usually worthless for doing any
reliable cropdetection, and second of all, cropping borders may change
during the movie (most notably with remastered, "older" movies).

This is what I use when checking a DVD:

mencoder dvd://x -nosound -ovc lavc -vop cropdetect -o /dev/null
-chapter xx

Checking a .vob is the same, only with the .vob replacing dvd://x

HR