[MPlayer-users] Re: squashed subtitles

Rupert rupert.debian at hotpop.com
Sun Nov 16 11:08:37 CET 2003

In article <20031116065134.GK2856 at brightrain.aerifal.cx>,
D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 10:54:57AM +0000, Rupert wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to control the font aspect ratio (ie height/width of
>> the characters)?
>
> No, unfortunately not.

OK. At least it's not a bug my end: I asked in #mplayer on freenode
and was told that other people didn't experience this problem. Also I
don't get it with -vo x11 (with -zoom) but I do with all the other
drivers I can use (gl2, sdl, xv). Dunno why...

> I'd very much like this feature, and was going to add it back in the
> summer, but I didn't get around to it. It shouldn't be too hard but
> requires passing around extra info (the aspect) between all the font
> init functions...

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the mplayer sources. Would the only file to
hack be libvo/font_load_ft.c or is there a lot more involved?

Rupert