[MPlayer-users] I would like to thank the devs.

darkshadow at shaw.ca darkshadow at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 16 16:12:20 CET 2003

Thanks in most part to mplayer/mencoder I just finished the final deletion of all Windows partitions from my computer.

I used to use
win98 for initial video capture (card didn't work in XP)
winXP for DVD encoding and authoring (soft didn't work in 98)
Linux for everything else

But now I can do everything in Linux thanks to mplayer/mencoder+mpeg2enc+dvdauthor

My ever lasting thanks to the developers of mplayer it has been the reason for me getting rid of Windows.

(I never thought it would happen when I first used Linux in October 2000)