[MPlayer-users] newcomer questions

Gaspar Bakos gbakos at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 17 04:10:13 CET 2003

Howdy,

I am a newcomer, forgive me if some questions are trivial. I browsed the
manual pages and FAQ before asking the following:

----------
1. I am trying to play a DVD. When I use mplayer (1.0pre2), the DVD is
almost full-screen. When I use gmplayer with the same option lines, the
DVD is quite small, placed in the center of the screen. However hard I
tried, I could not resize it. I tried -geometry 150%:150%, then -noaspect,
then -fs, -zoom, etc.

/usr/local/mplayer-1.0pre2/bin/(g)mplayer dvd://1 dvd://device /dev/dvd
-vo x11 -vm -ao esd -skin Abyss -geometry 150%:150%

---------
2. I have the following kind of videocard /laptop/:
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf
[Radeon Mobility 9000]

Is there any recommendation on what option lines should I use for DVD
playing?

Cheers
Gaspar