[MPlayer-users] short mbd=2/mv0/trell/cbp with and without qprd benchmark

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 18 12:28:16 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Corey Hickey wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

This is all that Pine allows me to quote of your message.. oh well..

You made interesting tests but it's quite difficult to understand them
because when both the bitrate and PSNR decrease it's quite impossible
to say whether it's better or worse. So I made myself some rate-distortion
tests too.

Conclusions: cbp improves quality, qprd decreases, mv0 has no significant
effect.

(warning: again eps images)

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/tests/cvs20031114/readme.html
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/tests/readme.html

An interesting notice: looks like the newer cvs version has better quality
even with the same options than the older 1.0pre1 (unless the psnr
option works differently).