[MPlayer-users] advice on mencoder options

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Wed Nov 19 11:54:06 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, anton wrote:

>HR said this:
>>mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
>>vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:trell:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:vb_strategy=0:cmp=2:subcmp=2:precmp=2:predia=1:dia=1:vme=4

This looks exactly like the arguments that I have suggested...

>Tuuka said this:
>>Consider using some of the below options;
>>mbd=2 instead of vhq (mbd=1)

I don't remember me saying this. Well, anyway, the command line has first
vhq and then mbd=2 and the latter overrides the first.
But I think that it might be possible that in the future vhq could set some
other things than just mbd (or maybe it already does) and therefore I like
to always use also vhq in addition to mbd.