[MPlayer-users] Voices delay

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Thu Nov 20 15:45:14 CET 2003

Vidar Wahlberg wrote:
>It's kindof annoying that you have to do this each time you play a video
>though.

You could always just put a "delay = 0.5" into your config file if you
want. . .

>At least I'm looking for a solution that gets the sound correct when
>you encode the video.

I assume you've thought of this already. . .  Does every video you
play have this sync problem; or just the ones you encode?  If it's
every video, then encoding your videos so they play correctly on your
system will cause every other system you play the video with to get it
wrong.  If your computer always has the wrong delay, you would
probably be better off correcting the delay so that everything plays
correctly for you.

Hope that makes sense,
  Sam