[MPlayer-users] Re: Voices delay

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Thu Nov 20 16:33:32 CET 2003

<snip>
> Well, I've played the dvd with mplayer with correct sync. I've also
> played the vob i ripped using mplayer with correct sync. So it's only
> when i encode the sync gets wrong.

  I've also noticed this for some time, probably a year or more.
  In recent versions, the delay has been somewhat less, but I have no
  idea what causes it.

  It does the same thing with everything I've encoded, but it's so easy
  to fix on playback (using -delay 0.5) that I never thought much about
  it. About the only thing I found was that using -oac pcm seemed to
  help. Obviously not a solution, but I thought I'd let you know I've
  noticed it also.

  I suspect that the reason it's been better in recent versions is the
  lavc audio encoding options.