[MPlayer-users] Mplayer time warp

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Sat Nov 22 01:30:18 CET 2003

Tony Murray said:
> Movies of all type play too quickly, but not all movies do.  IE, one divx
> movie does it, another doesn't, most mpegs do.
>
> I have tried with and without rtc support. And it happens whether or not
> mplayer is run as root.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem may be?  This is on a via epia-m.
>
> Tony
I do have similar problem.
It comes from my crappy sound card that don't have second oscilator
and instead of 48kHz plays at 66kHz - a little bit faster.
Of cource on 44kHz is ok so I use
   mplayer -srate 44100 ....
and everything is OK.
If this helps you, you should try different drivers for you sound card
and report bug to the driver writers. (or replace the board)

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive