[MPlayer-users] speed difference

anton anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Sat Nov 22 07:58:51 CET 2003

Could it really be the HD? Even fragmented (i.e., to a near full disk) I
have never ripped a dvd to HD that took more than about 20mins, and that
was for 7 or 8 gig. And there it is almost certainly the dvd that is the
limiting factor... 1-1757/1794 = 0.0206 ish (2.06%) - could that give a
20% hit in performance? The second disk does have the battle scene
though..., and generally far more rapid motion (or so it seems). Just
thoughts.
Cheers
Anton