[MPlayer-users] new video codec: SP61 NOVIRUS

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at yahoo.dk
Sat Nov 22 13:56:37 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a Hama USB sightcam 100, which compresses the
video stream into a format named "SP61". I have copied
the needed decompress dll "sp6x_32.dll" to
/usr/lib/win32/ and added the following to
codecs.conf:

videocodec sp6x
  info "SP6x codec"
  status working
  fourcc SP61
  driver vfw
  dll "sp6x_32.dll"
  out BGR24 flip

mplayer crashed after decoding the first frame, but i
noticed that some of the dll's in the codec-pack has
been modified, so maybe my dll has to be modified too?

I uploaded the dll and avi to
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/SP61/ , and it
is also available here:
http://home.tiscali.dk/tomasgc/test2.avi
http://home.tiscali.dk/tomasgc/Sp6x_32.dll

Best regards,