[MPlayer-users] Voices delay

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Mon Nov 24 11:18:49 CET 2003

Vidar Wahlberg wrote:
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> I'll see what I can do with it when I get home. . .
>
>Even though I'm quite grateful for your replies, I'm still curios what
>you've found out... If you've had time that is?

I finally got round to getting the latest version from CVS (BTW, just
doing a copy of the video stream works now - i.e. it doesn't crash any
more, but I can't remember is sync is maintained at the moment) and
started to look through the sources to figure out the difference
between the player and encoder code paths.  It's a rather strangely
structured bit of code (I don't think I've seen a main() function so
big, or tabbed out to pretend to look like a big script), so I've got
a bit bogged down (plus I've been away all weekend, so haven't had
much of a chance to investigate further).

I've also been thinking, that with the impending release of the G2
code is it worth my time going through and figuring out some code
that'll get dumped quite soon.  But, then again, I'm not too sure
what's going to be changed and therefore it may still be worth my
while trying to figure it all out.

Hope that's what you meant/wanted,
  Sam