[MPlayer-users] quant levels? pass.log xvid.dbg?

jzaw jz at w.dnsalias.org
Fri Nov 28 00:27:41 CET 2003

On Thursday, Nov 27, 2003, at 23:12 Europe/London, HR wrote:

> First, don't send html mails to this list. Expect flames for that. I,
> for one, hate it.

so do i ... and my mail clients are normally set to send only plain text
if it came out mixed with plain and html must be something to do with
the Apple Mail.app and the cut and paste process
(looking into it it seems it might be a mix of plain text and rich text
rather than html)
sorry

> Second, xvid doesn't log quantizers, which is why they're all 2.

if it doesnt log quantizers (which it doesnt seem to in the pass log)
what are the content of the first column in the xvid.dbg file as shown
in my first post on this subject?
it even gives a full breakdown of which are used and how many of each
without the need for countquant.pl

> This
> has been asked and answered before. Use '-xvidencopts psnr' to
> determine
> the quality of your encode (in addition to your eyes, ofc).

eyes ... yes they are the most imporant tool of course ... which is why
im puzzeled why 4mv doesnt seem to make any difference

ill defo try out psnr .. thanks

any other comments pls?

Zaw