[MPlayer-users] Deinterlacing (was: Digital camcoder)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 30 14:18:24 CET 2003

> Well, the intent was not as a deinterlace filter, this is exactly what
> "-vf il" does.  If I know my interlacing, it would result in a picture
> that moves around unnaturally, by one line each frame.

Oh ok, I'll have to look into that.  So what would happen then if you doubled
the vertical resolution? (i.e. displayed every scanline twice - maybe
inserting an extra single scanline or something on every second frame to
bring it down to the correct vertical position.)  Could you do something like
this to remove the 'vertical jitter'?

Cheers,
Adam.