[MPlayer-users] combining multiple avi's

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 30 14:23:27 CET 2003

> cat 1.avi 2.avi | mencoder -noidx -ovc copy -oac copy -o output.avi -

That seems to be a very unreliable way of combining two AVIs - mencoder would
have to realise there's a second AVI header in there and ignore it, without
skipping frames, figure out the audio delays, etc, etc.  I'm not at all
surprised it's not working for you ;-)

If you want to merge two AVIs (that use the same codec/resolution/etc.) I'd
strongly recommend you use something designed for that, like "avimerge" from
the transcode package.  I've been using it flawlessly for a few years now.

Cheers,
Adam.