[MPlayer-users] Overlay-Video with -wid?

Stephan Kuhagen stk at tzi.de
Wed Oct 1 08:49:44 CEST 2003

# > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

Automatic Answer-Answer: I DID!!! -- DOCS/bugreports.html doesn't help
as long as I'm not sure, if it is my problem or a problem with
mplayer. -- The documentation about "-wid" is very insufficient. I
can't find out, if the Feature is meant to be used with all types of
windows (which should make no difference, I think) or only with
toplevel-Windows. "-wid" works fine, as long as I give it the ID of a
toplevel-Window. But the Window-ID of a Child-Window, for example a
canvas or a QWidget from the Qt-Toolkit, which is, what I need,
doesn't work.

Using "-slave" makes no difference, because this is only the switch,
how mplayer is controled.

When trying with a QWidget, I first thought, its the Toolkit, that
makes the problems, because Qt catches all XEvents and makes its own
Updates to the Widget. But this can be switched off, however this
makes no difference to mplayer.

bye
Stephan

--
| EMail: stk at tzi.de                    __o  |

PS: Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Uebermittlung meiner
Daten fuer Werbezwecke oder fuer die Markt- und Meinungsforschung

(§28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz)