[MPlayer-users] mplayer crash

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Oct 2 22:13:12 CEST 2003

Michael L. Hostbaek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed mplayer on my FreeBSD system, and was looking forward
> to watch the 'return of the king' trailer - but when run mplayer
> crashes.
>
> Attached is the crash messages, when run with mplayer -v
>
> Any ideas/help would be appriciated.
>

> /mich

> MPlayer 0.92-3.2.2  (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

0.92 is based on 0.90, which is very old. You should download mplayer
and libavcodec from CVS, and recompile.

If you still have trouble after that, then read this thread:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-September/037991.html

(That's just the first mail; be sure to click the "next message:" links
to read all the emails in the thread.)

-Corey