[MPlayer-users] List of Video/Audio formats NOT supports

Frederick (Rick) A Niles niles at rickniles.com
Fri Oct 3 18:00:07 CEST 2003

As a testament to how great MPlayer is, I think the docs should start
listing the Audio and Video formats that are NOT currently supported.
The supported list has gotten so long it's hard to know if a particular
file is definitely going to work with it until you try it.  (I guess you
never really know until you try it, but...)  If there was a shorter "not
yet supported" list I might remember it.  Also, it would encourge people
to work on support for those.

Anyway, I suggest/request, that a couple lists: (please know that these
format examples are made up)

Popular formats that are not yet supported:
 * Microsoft foobiz bang 2006
 * MPAA SuperProtect
 * RIAA mp4

Less well known formats that are not supported:
* Data General 16mm digital transfer
* Digital (DEC) superview
* Wang terminalview
* Enron OilView