[MPlayer-users] Distortion between different versions of MPlayer/Mencoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Oct 4 10:34:53 CEST 2003

Hi

On Saturday 04 October 2003 08:40, rcooley wrote:
> Okay, I've got an unusual, and worrysome problem here.  I have been
> trying different version of Mplayer for some time, and switching back
> and forth as required due to bugs, et al.
>
> The problem I'm comming across, is that files encoded with mencoder-1x
> show distortion when played with Mplayer-0.9x (typically starting around
> the edge of the picture, but further in if the screen pans quickly), and
> vise versa as well.
i guess thats only happenig with files which have width or height %16 =! 0,
yes there was a bug in old libavcodec versions but i thought it didnt affect
encoding, can u provide some samples?

> This concerns me mostly because of Archive issues...  This seems to mean
> that the hundreds of videos I have encoded using mencoder-0.9x will show
> distortion with 1.x, and vise versa.
hmm, do u have an example video generated by mencoder 0.9x which doenst play
in mplayer 1.x, this shouldnt happen

[...]

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)