[MPlayer-users] video capture & .avi file "un-catenating"

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sat Oct 4 16:04:49 CEST 2003

Le samedi 04 octobre 2003, 09:03:08 ou environ Patrice Levesque <wayne at ptaff.ca> a écrit:

> > mencoder -tv
> > driver=v41:width=640:height=480:forceaudio:amode=(0|3):adevice=/dev/audio
> > -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=***:vhq -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> > br=128:mode=(0|3) -vop lavcdeint tv:// -vf eq=**:** -o file.avi -endpos
> > hour:min:sec
> >
> > Problem: with a vbitrate < 1000, the result is bad thus difficult to
> > capture more than 85 minutes if I want to burn the file on a CD-Rom.
>
> If you don't mind first capturing at a high bitrate (filesize > 700MB),
> then re-encoding the data to burn it, I'd strongly suggest you do a 2 or
> 3-pass encoding (explained in the manual).  Should you try 3-pass,
> mencoder will output the bitrate you need to create 650MB, 700MB or even
> 2x650MB, 2x700MB CDs.  You'll really get a better picture quality and
> you'll be able to "split" your 3-hour shows on multiple CDs.
>

> --
>  --====|====--
>     --------================|================--------
>         Patrice Levesque
>          http://ptaff.ca/
>         wayne at ptaff.ca
>     --------================|================--------
>  --====|====-- GPG: http://ptaff.ca/k.asc ID 9212A432
> --

Thank you but maybe a problem. I read the tutorials:

Three pass encoding:

1: first the sound
mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts
abr:br=128
2: First pass
mencoder -dvd 1 -nosound -oac copy -o /dev/null -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpreg4:vbitrate=800:vhq:vpass=1 etc ...
3: Second pass
The same with vpass=2 and -o file.avi

I may have badly understood but you read well the word "dvd" not
"tv". How to tell mplayer to start the video reader at exactly the
same place at first and second pass for video and sound coordination?

Or I did not really understand: Must I type at first pass -tv
driver=v4l,etc -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts etc

Then at second pass make a -oac copy from frameno.avi to film.avi but
really I think there will be a problem of coordination and I don't see
examples anywhere with -tv instead of -dvd with 2 or 3 passes.

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be
http://bartydeux.be