[MPlayer-users] Offtopic -- G400 TV-Out on a single output G400

armin.gerritsen at philips.com armin.gerritsen at philips.com
Mon Oct 6 15:04:21 CEST 2003

Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

>>> Matrox sells a svga->tvout cable intended to be used with the second
>>> svga connector on the dual screen G400s.

> Huh? Never heard! I have just such a card. How much such a cable would
> approximately cost? Would it work in Linux using only free software?

The cable doesn't require software. It is just a cable. You need however a
G400(-like) card with dual-head capabilities (there are also G400 cards
without, like the one mentioned here), and of course you need drivers for
that. You can (or at least until recently, I didn't check it) simply buy the
cable at Matrox online.

Regards,

Armin