[MPlayer-users] OT: S-video capture / v4l

Joseph N. Hall joseph at 5sigma.com
Mon Oct 6 23:40:50 CEST 2003

Can someone recommend a good S-video capture card for v4l?
A TV tuner would be nice but not essential.  I would like
something that would do a good or better job of capturing
a high quality source like laserdisc.  Budget that I have
in mind is up to $200, but that is flexible if the quality
is GOOD.  Ideally I would also be capturing 2-4 (or more?)
channels of mixed analog and PCM audio at the same time
from other card(s), although 2 channels would be OK.

I hate to resort to asking on the list like this, but 100
percent of the discussion I've read on the capture topic
nowadays is DVR-oriented, tv and cable tuners and all that.
Also, I have no idea what specific hardware actually works
with v4l. Me, I still have lots of laserdiscs and Hi8 to
convert.

  -joseph