[MPlayer-users] piping stream.yuv to mpeg2enc w/o dropped frames

Joseph N. Hall joseph at 5sigma.com
Wed Oct 8 01:17:20 CEST 2003

[deleted from private email] reminded me:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:54:54PM -0700, Joseph N. Hall wrote:

> > When I send the output of mplayer's -vo yuv4mpeg to mpeg2enc
> > through a named pipe, my encoded file looks as if it has
> > dropped frames.  How do I prevent this?  Apparently, mplayer
> > is dropping frames, or maybe just sending duplicated frames.
> > How do I prevent this?  Even hacks like -speed .1 are only
> > partially effective.
>
> Are you using the '-noframedrop' switch?

Hmm, -noframedrop isn't actually documented in the 0.9x man
page, and is only mentioned in the examples in 1.x CVS.  Maybe
someone could add that?  (I would be glad to make doc tweaks.)
I remember it not working, but I was probably typing -nodropframe
instead.  :-/  But I *knew* there was a feature for this.
Thanks!

  -joseph