[MPlayer-users] question

Arwed von Merkatz v.merkatz at gmx.net
Wed Oct 8 08:45:22 CEST 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:11:25PM -0700, blu8e wrote:
> i have a movie that has a .ogm extention and i can't
> play it on anything but MPlayer.  well that's the good
> part, the bad part, i don't know how to change the
> language.  could you help me?  i want it to play in
> japanese with english subtitles, but don't know
> how...thanks so much
>
> ~Tina

Use the -aid and -sid switches, depending on the ogm file. For example a
file with video, english audio, japanese audio, subtitles, to play
japanese with subtitles:

mplayer -aid 2 -sid 3 file.ogm

To see what's available use either mplayer -v, or use ogminfo from the
ogmtools (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/index.html)

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video