[MPlayer-users] parrallel port no loading

Tom tomc at ridma.com
Thu Oct 9 02:07:54 CEST 2003

I just bought an Epson C82 printer.  When I first installed it it
working on my dual boot machine very nicely, Win98 and RedHat 9.0.

AFter attempting to upgrade the driver I must have done something wrong
and it looked like it was trying to install as a USB device. I ended up
in the Win98 Device Manager deleting LPT1 and letting Win98 re-install
on a re-boot.  But, since Linux has not recognized the parallel port,
and I suspect it also thinks it's USB.

I like the printer and the drivers and setup on Linux are far superior
to my old Lexmark 5700.  But, how do I solve the problem. The printer
configuration utility doesn't even recognize /dev/lp0.

Thanks for suggestions.

Tom
--
Ridma: Really, It Doesn't Mean Anything