[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 9000 and tv-out

Juan Martin nauj27 at teleline.es
Thu Oct 9 18:33:25 CEST 2003

El mié, 08-10-2003 a las 20:11, Fabio Stumbo escribió:
> > > The problem is: when I play a dvd, I can see it correctly on the monitor,
> > > meanwhile on the tv the mplayer window is empty, filled with an annoying
> > > blue background... :-((
> > >
> > > Fabio
> > >

> > RTFM at section 2.3.1.2.11. Quote:
> >
> > "The problem is that most cards' driver doesn't support hardware
> > acceleration on the second head/TV. In those cases, you see green/blue
> > colored window instead of the movie. This is where this driver comes in
> > handy, but you need powerful CPU to use software scaling. Don't use the
> > SDL driver's software output+scaler, it has worse image quality!"
>
> Well, sorry: I looked in the faq and I had a quick glance at the docs, but
> I missed that paragraph... :-((
>
> In any case, I still miss a point: is it the card that has no builtin
> hardware accelleration on TV, or is it the driver provided by ati?
> In the second case, maybe I can solve the problem setting the tv as
> primary screen. But it seems to me to naif to work...
>
> Now that I think at this, I realized that under windows I have the
> following: if I use clone mode, dvd reproduction is bad, if I use only
> tvout (using the tv at boot time), it is ok. Does this has any meaning?
>
> Thank for your attention
>
> Fabio

Sorry for late reply and for the 'RTFM' too ^_^.

Well, in doc this is in the -vo x11 section because you have two ways
for this work. In the one hand you can try that you say about to make
the TV primary screen and get the blue screen in the monitor and the
other hand is to try if your computer is enough fast to play the movie
without hardware accelerated video (e.g. -vo x11).

Regards,

--
  Juan Martín López - ICQ #76955750
    http://pagina.de/juanotura/