[MPlayer-users] which deinterlace filter

Matthias Czapla dermatsch at gmx.de
Thu Oct 9 23:02:20 CEST 2003

Hello!

I have little knowledge about all the technical details of video
processing but I really dont like the picture in fast moving scenes which I
think is caused by interlacing. There are several deinterlacing filters in
mplayer/mencoder like -vop lavcdeint and I just want to know which one a
more experienced user would recommend. I dont want to try them all out
looking at mencoder several hours for each one and besides I wouldnt know
how to seek to the exact same frame in two different files to compare them.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
lal