[MPlayer-users] mencoder MJPEGS won't play in WMP

Graham Bleach graham at darkskills.org.uk
Fri Oct 10 23:59:05 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:06:57PM +0200, Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:
> Uz.ytkownik Graham Bleach napisa?:
> >MPlayer can play the rotated files, but Windows Media Player cannot -
> >there is only sound without video. WMP can play the orginal files from my
> >digicam fine. Anyone know why, or how to fix it?

> Try to install ffvfw (for windoze).

It would be better if no extra codecs were needed. If I need an extra
codec then DivX would be preferred. Thank you for the suggestion.

Why does Windows Media Player need extra codecs to play these MJPEGs? It
can play other MJPEGs, but not those created with mencoder. Is there
more than one MJPEG standard?

Maybe it's an issue with libavcodec - is there a list for libavcodec
problems?

The art of taxation consists of plucking the goose so as to obtain the
most feathers with the least hissing.
        -- Jean-Baptiste Colbert