[MPlayer-users] compiling problems

Schaman Christoph a9907506 at unet.univie.ac.at
Sun Oct 12 17:16:32 CEST 2003

Hi Corey,

and thanks for the response.

Am Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2003 01:01 schrieb Corey Hickey:
> I think this indicates that you don't have the png development package
> installed. Whenever you're compiling software, you need development
> packages for anything the program links to.
>
> The exact name of the package you want probably varies by distribution,
> but on Debian it's libpng12-dev.
>
> -Corey

You were absolutely right, they were called libpng-dev on SuSE. Now everything
compiled fine, there was a complaint during the installation about an
existing /usr/local/etc, but I found out that it was just a sample
povray-config file, so that worked too, and now everything´s up´n´running.

Thanks again for your help,

GREETINGS

Christoph