[MPlayer-users] DivX/XviD qpel decoding

Jakub Misak jmisak at centrum.cz
Tue Oct 14 23:49:24 CEST 2003

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> Unfortunalty the green smearing bug is not lavc one, but in both divx4/5
> and xvid bug. It comes from the incaccurte DCT that they are using. That
> DCT comes from libmpeg2, and is not good enough for mpeg4 standart, but is
> used becouse of its good speed.
> To workaround it use the same idct in lavc with this option:
> mplayer -lavdopt idct=4

No, it's not the green smearing bug. It's something different.

As I already explained in my first post, I tried the various -lavdopts,
but they don't help. I also described the distortion (the waves, archs,
curves, bends, whatever) in my two previous posts and also in the txt
file (with from-to in seconds) and the PNG screenshot (with the
highlighted area), I also uploaded a short AVI file. The files are still
at mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/DivX51-Qpel*