[MPlayer-users] DivX -> VCD + maintaining aspect ratio = impossible OR Howto ADD black borders

Marc marc.seeger at arcor.de
Tue Oct 14 21:54:18 CEST 2003

Thanks to both of you... works fine now :-D
Guess i'll try to throw myself into b-frames, gop lengths, 2pass
encoding and postprocessing to create nice mpeg 1 kvcds :-)

(I got nice results from ffmpeg (mpeg 1, 2 pass, gop of 25 for PAL
movies, 2 bframes, no pp), but I couldn't get it to keep the aspect
ratio/add borders...
As mencoder CAN do this, I am very curious about mencoder options which
will allow me to use the same features (or even more... now I could use
custom matrices *drool*))