[MPlayer-users] -vo sdl very slow.

Naota naota at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 05:24:10 CEST 2003

Hello, I just installed the newest version of mplayer from CVS.  I'm
running a new distro--slackware 9.1, but with RH 7.3, -vo sdl and -vo
x11 were perfect in all ways.  Also, I didn't have to be root in order
to play something nicely.  Now with Slackware 9.1 root can play
everything wonderfully with the following:
-vo vesa
-vo svga
Other users can only play with:
-vo sdl (very slow)
-vo aa
How do I make sdl work normally, like it used to?  How can I let other
users play with vesa and svga?  I don't want people running programs as
root.  Also, when root plays with sdl, it's just as slow as when other
users play with sdl.
TIA.