[MPlayer-users] Things (artifacts?) appearing in output and input - Help!

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 16 01:30:30 CEST 2003

That's a tough one...

I would say to try a different video codec ("-vc help") and see if you
have better results.

However, you say you are having this problem with Ogle as well, and I
can't think of any common software component between the two that could
possibly be the cause.  If changing codecs doesn't help for MPlayer
(and nobody else here has a suggestion), I would be willing to bet that
you are having a serious hardware problem.  CPU/RAM/MOBO, take your
pick.