[MPlayer-users] Re: which deinterlace filter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 17 10:44:55 CEST 2003

> Well, not really, but the fact that 2:3 pulldown must be done to view a
> 24FPS film on a 60fPS/30FPS screen is much more annoying than the 4%
> speed increase.

I'm sure they didn't discuss frame rates when developing the standard,
simply because they had not much choice in that - it's simply the
frequency of the power supply. Creating a 60Hz frequency in a device
operating with a 50Hz power source (or the other way round) would have
been quite a challenge at that time... and certainly not affordable.

Greetings,
   Reimar Döffinger