[MPlayer-users] Re: "Black & white" playback through bt878 s-video input

Joseph N. Hall joseph at 5sigma.com
Sat Oct 18 03:26:59 CEST 2003

Stefan wrote:
> "Joseph N. Hall" <joseph at 5sigma.com> writes:
> > Ick. I am seeing the dreaded "black and white" bt878 tv playback.
> > This occurs only, at the moment, in s-video NTSC playback.
>
> Are you _really_ sure you have a s-video signal? If you apply
> composite to the s-video luma input, you get b&w...
> --
>  Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.deOn Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:16:17

Funny, I tried it just now with mplayer from CVS and I get color
S-video.  (It seems a little noisy, but that could be the CLV laser
disc.)

Even funnier, I tried it just now with the *same* mplayer as
below, and I *also* get color S-video.

Funnier still, I haven't rebooted since the last time I
tried it (repeatedly) and it was black and white.

I have no freakin' clue.  It is possible that I changed a cable,
which would go a long way toward explaining this otherwise bizarre
behavior.

Thanks very much for your response.

  -joseph