[MPlayer-users] huffyuv decoding problem

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Mon Oct 20 10:15:06 CEST 2003

Hello

I uploaded a file to mplayerhq ftp
(ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/huffyuv_decoding_problem.tar.bz2)

inside there are 2 videos:

divx.avi:		this is how huffyuv.avi looks when decoded by ffmpeg huffyuv decoder
huffyuv.avi:	if you will try it on pc with real huffyuv codec (in windows) it will look good,but
	            if you will try it using ffdshow (windows) or mplayer ffmpeg decoder it will look bad

maybe it will help that maybe a year ago I noticed the same bug in mplayer in its native decoder,
later it was fixed, but now I found (to the big dissapointment) that native decoder dissapeared.

ffmpeg decoder looks buggy and .dll codec in mplayer always crashed :-(

I hope this files would help to find out something

I tried with mplayer 1.0pre2, compiled for athlon-4, but I guess it doesn't matter (it just looks
too similar to this old problem with native decoder)

If there will be any questions (or you will want more samples) feel free to contact me.