[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: Compilation (ve_divx4.o)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Oct 21 03:06:31 CEST 2003

Eitan Levi wrote:

> MPlayer won't compile, and make bails out after trying to compile
> libmpcodecs/ve_divx4.c
> (config.h, config.mak, Gui/config.mak, libvo/config.mak, and
> libao2/config.mak are included in the attached tar.gz).

This indicates, in my experience, that you're using an up-to-date
version of the divx4linux libraries with an old version of mplayer.

Solution 1 (quick-n-dirty):
./configure --disable-divx4linux
You probably don't need divx4linux anyway; it's pretty much obsolete,
and the only reason I keep it around is for testing purposes.

Solution 2 (better):
Upgrade to mplayer 1.0pre2 or latest CVS. You'll get lots of good stuff
that's been added since 0.9x.

-Corey