[MPlayer-users] huffyuv decoding problem

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Tue Oct 21 09:47:06 CEST 2003

> > maybe it will help that maybe a year ago I noticed the same bug in
> > mplayer in its native decoder,
> I don't remember fixing such kind of problem. Was it fixed by a patch
> to huffyuv decoder or did it disappeared when something else was
> changed?

   Maybe it will help you that it was 30.5.2002, thread was named 'bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)'
   and it was later fixed by Arpi.

   anyway, now I am downloading cvs version and actual win32 codecs, I will try it and if it will not work I will send proper bugreport
   (both for crash with dll and ffmpeg decoder)

> Does it happen for every HuffYUV file or only for some samples? Do you
> know the encoding mode of files that looks bad (rgb/yuv  and coding
> method)?

   definitely yuv, but I am not sure about method....

> What's your setup (cpu, os, ...)?
   cpu : Athlon XP 1700+  (recognized as athlon-4)
   os:    Mandrake 9.2 with kernel 2.4.22 (compiled for athlon)
   mplayer is built using mmx, 3dnow and sse optimizations

   but all will be in proper bugreport. if I still will have the problem.

   bye for now

  Miso