[MPlayer-users] Re: which deinterlace filter

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Oct 21 12:10:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:

>But you have the numbers upside-down. :)) I don't see how having a
>60Hz clock source helps you get a clock source for horizontal refresh
>(much higher). You're dividing time, not multiplying it, when you
>multiply clock by a "nice integer"...

Yes, but it's certainly possible to multiply frequency.
One example is here:
http://www.lecroy.com/tm/library/LABs/LAB1007/default.asp

However, I'm still not sure if this would make any sense,
because it's really the TV signal that is broadcasted that
should be used for sync, not the power supply frequency. Maybe somebody
didn't have a clue back when TV was born?