[MPlayer-users] Error compiling MPlayer with latest Matroska CVS

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Oct 21 17:36:36 CEST 2003

Hi.

> I'm presently having major problems with my package-management system
> (as a partial fix of which I've gone through a major upgrade, including
> I think gcc and possibly libc6 - though nothing else has broken),

Try the usual thingies in this case, meaning:

a) Remove all traces of the current libebml, libmatroska installation
including libs, include files, sources.
b) Make sure that there are no old files left, e.g. "find / -name 'Kax*'
-o -name '*matroska*'" should come up empty.
c) Same for mplayer.
d) Get fresh versions of libebml, libmatroska. Compile, install them.
Don't forget to run ldconfig.
e) Get a fresh version of mplayer. Configure, compile them.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)