[MPlayer-users] LAVC-MPEG4 vs DIVX4 vs XVID??

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Oct 21 20:17:14 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, 21 October 2003, JJ2Dogs wrote:
> THX Tuukka Toivonen I will try it.. I read the documents for encoding,
> but I wan`t to get some info from the users and what they use for
> combination of settings.. I tried it with 2000 bitrate but it wasn`t good
> so I will try it with 4000.

2000 isn't good? That gives perfect quality if we're talking about movies
of (for example) 640x352 in resolution.

> But the speed is still slower than divx4. It is about 12fps and with
> divx4 24fps.. But THX..

What is your CPU, did you compile MPlayer from source or are you using
some binary package? Which version (of MPlayer and of divx4linux)?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/