[MPlayer-users] Cannot read VGM info in DVDs

jcerdan at nospam.myp.ad jcerdan at nospam.myp.ad
Tue Oct 21 23:58:41 CEST 2003

Hello,

   I've got a RedHat 9.0 on a Compaq Presario EA725 laptop and everything's
running fine. When I installed mplayer it read the DVD's without any problem but
then I installed K3B, that didn't recognized my CD-RW. To do so, i had to boot
the kernel with hdc=ide-scsi parameter and then K3B recognized my CD-RW.
   Since that moment Whem I insert a DVD into the CD-Rom and I try to view it
with  Mplayer I receive the following error "cannot read VGM info." and I can't
see it. Then, I decided to mount the DVD and to select the files and add them
manually to the playList in Mplayer and that worked...
   Nevermind, I would be glad that Mplayer could open by himself the DVD as it
used to do before but I can't find the way to do that.

   Can anyone help me?

   Thanks.

Jordi.