[MPlayer-users] Comparison of different deinterlace and denoise filters

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 00:54:10 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 23:32 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> To see the error, you need to eliminate the luma channel and see if
> the chroma is interlaced or not. Using the eq filter with contrast=0
> can do this for you. I don't know any way to do it in gimp.

mplayer -vo png -vf eq=0:-100,scale -nosound  ../Video-16.10.-1230Uhr.avi
worked

Strange: when recorded without anything, it's interlaced (two pixel wide
lines: two from frame one, two from frame 2, two from frame one,...), but
produced the mentioned artifacts.
When recorded with YUY2, chroma is normally interlaced (one pixel wide
lines).

Regards,
   Matthias