[MPlayer-users] Playing Real Video?

MvH cola at looze.net
Wed Oct 22 21:20:24 CEST 2003

Hello; I've been using mplayer for a long time now, and I would like to
get rid of that ugly Reaplayer and play those files with mplayer

I can't get it to work though

I compiled mplayer 1.0pre2 and it seemed to "find" the real codecs, output
from codecs.conf tel me:

sh-2.05a$ cat /home/cola/.mplayer/codecs.conf | grep Real
  info "Linux RealPlayer 9 RV40 decoder"
  info "Win32 RealPlayer 9 RV40 decoder"
  info "Linux RealPlayer 8 RV30 decoder"
  info "Win32 RealPlayer 8 RV30 decoder"
  info "Linux RealPlayer 8 RV20 decoder"
  info "Win32 RealPlayer 8 RV20 decoder"
  info "RealAudio 1.0"
  info "Win32 RealAudio 1.0"
  info "RealAudio 2.0"
  info "Win32 RealAudio 2.0"
  info "RealAudio 1.0 and 2.0 native decoder"
  info "RealAudio COOK"
  info "Win32 RealAudio COOK"
  info "RealAudio Sipro"
  info "Win32 RealAudio Sipro"
  info "RealAudio ATRAC3"
  info "Win32 RealAudio ATRAC3"
  info "FFmpeg RealAudio 1.0"
  info "FFmpeg RealAudio 2.0"

When I start mplayer with an url to some real movie, it just ends with:

Playing
http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/nps/dekortefilm/filmbank/cityatnight.rm
Failed to create AF_INET6 socket:
Resolving cgi.omroep.nl for AF_INET...
Connecting to server cgi.omroep.nl[145.58.30.10]:80 ...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Connected to server: cgi.omroep.nl
Cache fill:  0.02% (67 bytes)

Exiting... (End of file)

I can watch the same url with realplayer8
( it's a dutch site called omroep.nl something like bbc over here)